structural organization - relationships

Soady, Phil phil.soady at sap.com
Tue Jan 21 20:32:08 EST 2003

Hi Sandra ,

The Inbox of Person X is visible to Person Y when,

(S)position S1 has holder --> 008 (P) person P1 --> Infty 0105 (US)  US1
This position may be vacant
        008 is no longer active (no holder)

In Trans PP01
(S) position S1 --> A210 (P) Person2  -> Infty 0105 (US) Us2.
                Pay attention to the detail screen.
                ACTIVE FLAG should be ON.
        and   set profile to ALL or something appropriate.

USer 2 can see tasks assigned to position 1.
NOTE: Make the agent of task (S1) since there is no HOLDER (P1).
or P1 is no longer linked to S1.

If P1 is not the assigned holder of S1 then if the task is assigned to P1 or US1 you will NOT see the substitution work.
If (P1) is still the holder of position, the substitution will still be visible to US2 if the agent of task was P1.

If you are still having problems,
check tables t77tc, t77ro and t77rp.

It is possible the default classification ALL isnt working / been changed etc.
The task has a classification. See the task where you set general task.
You should also see the CLASSIFICATION field.
The DEFAULT classification (no class) is normally mapped to ALL in the t77tc,t77ro t77rp tables.

Perhaps this isnt the case in your system.

It is possible that due to NO classification or no active substitution
you saw no result.

The use of task classification is to set a task as say "LEAVE" category
or 'TIME" related for say overtime or attendance approvals.

Appraisal and other tasks relating to money or Infty 0008/0014/2010 etc
could be linked to a class "MONEY"

you then set a substitution in HR. such that (S) A210 --> (P2) is active
for profile "L&T" and L&T is define as being LEAVE and TIME classes.

A great way of delegating some but not all tasks (workflows)

hth

Phil Soady
Senior Consultant
Business Technologies