Defining and transporting an organizational plan

michael petrosh xraydelta7 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 15 20:06:15 EST 2003

Transporting the org structure can be accomplished via
a program called RHMOVE30.
The benefits of doing this is if there are workflows
with agent/position assignments that were transported,
these assignments arrive intact.

If you want to spend days or weeks changing your agent
assignments in QA and PRD, then you can recreate your
work in each system.

Before transporting, you can select all of the stupid
crappy test data people create in dev and leave it
there. Who wants mickey mouse and fluffy the dog in
the QA and PRD systems anyway? This is a very
important step...also one of my hot buttons.

You will also need to go to the target system and
maintain table T777I and T777R.

Do not forget to go to the target system and set the
last number used in the source system.

Happy Workflowing!!!

Mike Petrosh
Platinum CRM Technical Consultant

|------------------------+------------------------+------------------------|

|------------------------+------------------------+------------------------|

|------------------------+------------------------+------------------------|

> [...]
> colums of the table
> > (must I define some values anywhere else
> > to be able to select the entries I need)?
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Fred Kouw
> >
> > Dale Davis wrote:
> >
> > > There are several approaches that can be taken
> to maintain org
> > assignments
> > > in a production environment.
> > >
> > > For SAP systems where HR is not implemented, and
> production user
> masters
> > > only exist in the production system, our
> preferred approach is to
> > maintain
> > > the org structure in the development environment
> and transport to test
> > and
> > > production, then assign the users to  directly
> in production.
> > > In this scenario it is necessary to block the
> production org from
> > > development agent assignment overrides by
> setting up the is holder of
> > > relationship in the override table T77TR
> accessed through transaction
> > OOTR.
> > > This guarantees that user assignments from the
> development system do
> not
> > > wipe out the production systems  when org
> structure changes are
> > transported
> > > to production.
> > >
> > > For SAP implementations where HR is implemented
> or  production user
> > master
> > > tables are kept in synch with test user master
> tables, user assignments
> > are
> > > sometimes maintained in the test system and
> transported from that
> system
> > > the production system. This is a less desirable
> approach in an
> > environment
> > > where SAP security and basis  teams do not allow
> transports to
> production
> > > systems which originate in test and lock the
> system against transport
> > > request generation. For this scenario,an
> alternative approach is to ALE
> > the
> > > user assignments from the test system to
> production.
> > >
> > > In general if we are implementing workflow in an
> environment where our
> > org
> > > structures are owned by HR, we follow the HR
> process's rule on where
> the
> > > user ids should be assigned and maintained and
> utilize transports with
> > > override blocks or ALE as appropriate.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Dale Davis Jones
> > > IBM Business Consulting Services
> > > Phone: 845-691-7861
> > >            T/L 8-320-8440
> > >   Internet Address: DKDAVIS at US.IBM.COM
> > >
> > > .......You can never discover new oceans unless

=== message truncated ===