material creation and maintenance WF

Harmon Dan-rrfs20 Dan.Harmon at motorola.com
Thu Feb 27 11:22:36 EST 2003

I've got to agree with Tomasz, this can get pretty ugly if you don't have an idea of what to prototype.  To that end, and to preserve your sanity, try and get the clients to agree on what they want, and then prototype it without too much more input from them.  That may sound customer 'un-friendly', but my experience has been that clients looking over your shoulder while developing a prototype leads to constantly changing requirements and frustration on everyone's part.

It is after all, only a prototype, so it shouldn't have to be production worthy?  Right?  We try to use our prototypes as a stepping stone to get to the real requirements.  Most of the time the clients don't really know what they want, and the prototype helps clear that up.

Having done this for the material master I'd estimate 3 weeks for such a prototype, providing you do not have to develop many custom methods/objects.

Good luck, the material master is not actually a difficult workflow, but the defining the business process can be tricky!

Regards,
Dan
| Dan Harmon                    |             Phone:    480-634-3090 |
| R/3 Workflow Group Leader     |               Fax:    480-634-3761 |
| Information Technology        |             Pager:    888-782-2030 |
| Motorola SPS                  |            dan.harmon at motorola.com |
| I don't approve of political jokes... I've seen too many of them   |
| get elected.                                                       |