material creation and maintenance WF

Kouw, FA - SPLTC fa.kouw at td.klm.com
Thu Feb 27 08:44:51 EST 2003

Loren,

To give you some idea:

I created a material master maintenance workflow consiting of a few (3, one for each department involved) steps
using standard SAP objects with slight adaptions (methods/attributes/events). It took me a few weeks to set this
up (at that time SAP workflow was also new for me). Because the specifications kept changing it took much longer
to get a stable version. We decided to let the users determine the views to be created at each step. The
workflow is started by a newly created material (event CREATED of object BUS1001006). The 3 steps I mentioned
are actually subprocesses in which the user can select from the following options using a decision step:
create/change/display view(s) and Ready. After the user selects 'Ready' the flow continues to the next step (I
reuse a subprocess using the container to pass the responsible agent).

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards,

Fred Kouw

"Zmudzin,Tomasz,VEVEY,GL-IS/IT" wrote:

> Loren,
>
> I've seen such things developed within 2 weeks to 2 years (... and still
> growing), depending on the complexity of the process.
>
> The first hint is:  whenever estimating workflow processes, always ask for
> the description of the process. Make it as detailed as it gets. Then start
> estimating it. Without it there's no point to discuss things -- your
> estimate will be wrong.
>
> Kind regards,
> Tomasz
>
> P.S. Actually material creation & maintenance can easily get out of hand --
> the processes quickly get pretty complex, so make sure you understand the
> process in all the details. If you don't feel very confident, start with a
> simpler process (or a limited pilot project, to grow), or get someone to
> help you.

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged
material intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you
are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed,
copied or distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or
attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received
this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail,
and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its
subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible
for any delay in receipt.