material creation and maintenance WF

Zmudzin,Tomasz,VEVEY,GL-IS/IT Tomasz.Zmudzin at nestle.com
Thu Feb 27 06:03:35 EST 2003

Loren,

I've seen such things developed within 2 weeks to 2 years (... and still
growing), depending on the complexity of the process.

The first hint is:  whenever estimating workflow processes, always ask for
the description of the process. Make it as detailed as it gets. Then start
estimating it. Without it there's no point to discuss things -- your
estimate will be wrong.

Kind regards,
Tomasz

P.S. Actually material creation & maintenance can easily get out of hand --
the processes quickly get pretty complex, so make sure you understand the
process in all the details. If you don't feel very confident, start with a
simpler process (or a limited pilot project, to grow), or get someone to
help you.