Custom workflow problems

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Wed Feb 26 01:51:05 EST 2003

Go to transaction SWUD, go to =ABTest environment=BB, and test the work=
flow
with workflow trace enabled (=ABSwitch on container monitor=BB the choi=
ce is
called in our system).
That may reveal the problem.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    Marty Braithwaite                                  =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    <Marty_Braithwaite at c        To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.=
MIT.EDU                                                                =
      =20
                    pr.ca>                      cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Ki=
lhavn)                                                                 =
      =20
                    Sent by: SAP                Subject:     Custom wor=
kflow problems                                                         =
      =20
                    Workflow                                           =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM                               =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    A.MIT.EDU>                                         =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    25.02.2003 15:57                                   =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    Please respond to                                  =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    "SAP Workflow Users'                               =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    Group"                                             =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20

Hi everyone, I am new to workflow, and haven't had any formal training,=
 if
you can help out it would be appreciated.  We have a custom approval
workflow triggered via the save of an employee expense.  One of our cus=
tom
tasks runs a method that derives the expense statement and binds it int=
the method container, which then passes the report on to a sendmail tas=
and on to the user in an email, who's expense has been approved.  The u=
sers
have requested that I send the expense statement to the approver.  The
sendmail task to the approver is at the beginning of the workflow, so I=

copied our existing task, and pasted it into the workflow just before t=
he
sendmail task to the approver.  When I run the workflow from within the=

workflow builder, by manually feeding in the proper input data, it all
works great.  But if I try to trigger the workflow from the normal rout=
e,
by saving an employee expense and triggering the event, it doesn't seem=
generate the expense form and send it.  There are no errors, it just
continues on and sends the approver the email, without the expense form=
 in
the email.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Marty Braithwaite
SAP Sustainment Team

intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorised use, dissemination of=
 the
information or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not th=
addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and de=
lete
this message.
Thank you.=