How to handle events out of sequence???

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Mon Feb 24 11:42:22 EST 2003

Hi all,
I have a minor dilemma which has been vexing me for a while:
We use the event queue for handling some high-volume workflows. Now, the
same workflows also have waitfor CHANGED and DELETED steps. (4.6c system
by the way)

The problem is that at peak times it can take 5 minutes for the workflow
to run, by this time users have sometimes already edited the relevant
documents (or even deleted them).
This results in e.g. a doc is created, user changes it 2 min later -
CHANGED event is raised, and a few minutes later the CREATED event comes
out of the queue and starts the WF which doesn't see any 'past' events
in it's wait steps.
Also, I can't seem to find a way to send instance linkages to the event
queue which may help, but is by no means guaranteed to eliminate the
problem.

Apart from reading change documents and calling EXISTENCECHECK methods,
does anyone have any ideas on handling these type of synchronization
issues?

As usual, any input greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Mike