Binding errors in Prod client

Lola Oluwa Lola.Oluwa at outokumpu.net
Mon Feb 24 10:05:02 EST 2003

...This could fix the binding issue, but you could be  faced with another
problem; editing a development object in a client which does not own the
object. This means your new transport will end with error .  Solution could
be to create a new copy of your WF definition in DEV make the right role
assignment and then transport this new def to QA and PROD as usual.

Regards,

||Lola Oluwa
||Integration Consultant
||(SAP Business Workflow, ABAP, TIBCO)
||Siemens Business Services
||eMail: lola.oluwa at siemens.com
||phone: +358 50 339 2128

                      Rick Sample
                      <Rick.Sample at gbe.co         To:      SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                      m>                          cc:      (bcc: Lola Oluwa/Outokumpuext)
                      Sent by: SAP                Subject: Binding errors in Prod client
                      Workflow
                      <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITV
                      MA.MIT.EDU>

                      24.02.2003 16:33
                      Please respond to
                      "SAP Workflow
                      Users' Group"

I have a binding error in my production client that does not exist in Dev
or Q.

&TYPEID& not in Wf def but in Task def. Gives me a binding error when I do
a consistency check in Prod client.
I don't understand why the &TYPEID& in not in the WF container in the first
place. (?)

I know what I did wrong but need to know how to fix. This is what I did:
We had opened up the HQ0 box to do some changes to Roles do to the Number
Ranges generated
are different on the D, Q, and P clients. While I was in HQ0, I also
noticed this binding issue
and fixed in HQ0 without a transport. (Rookie mistake! Learned the errors
of my way!)

Reading of this list and the "Practical Workflows for SAP" if I Generate a
new version of the WF
which creates a new transport and transport to all, will this fix the
binding issues?

I have no binding errors in Dev or Q clients.
4.6C