Unread Documents pop-up message not available in 46c

Robin Sahasranam Rsahasranam at worldbank.org
Wed Feb 19 15:40:03 EST 2003

Greetings Workflow experts,

We just completed our upgrade from 4.0b to 4.6c and everything has gone
smoothly. However, some users have raised a usability issue. In 4.0b when  users
had Unviewed Documents in their Inbox they get a pop-up message "You have unread
documents in your inbox". This message no longer appears in 4.6c when they
login. Because of this the users may fail to open Workplace and look for new
unread documents.

I have looked for settings in Workplace which can be maintained and looked up
SAP online documentation but could not find anything which I could configure for
the users to get this message. Please note that I am not refering to express
priority documents or express priority workitems which popop up a message as
soon as they are created or at next login. In 4.0 the login message for unviewed
documents appeared for documents of any priority.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Robin Sahasranam
World Bank