SELFITEM binding question

Lola Oluwa Lola.Oluwa at outokumpu.net
Wed Feb 19 09:39:15 EST 2003

Hi John!
building upon Robert's  suggestion, your multiline structure (multiline
because you have ticked this option in the element definition) should
ideally be of same type as adressstrings, you should avoid typing in your
elements when defining your bindings rather, select from the available
list. If you get an error message, you can get round this (at least in my
case) by selecting 'E-mail address' for your recipient type and then
changing this to the 'G' type in the 'control tab' if you are sending SAP
mail. I am assuming you are on 4.6. and using the predefined 'send mail'
task.

Check that you are passing both the org type and id to your
container(USxyz).

HTH,
Lola.

                      John A Haworth
                      <jhoworth at csc.com>          To:      SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                      Sent by: SAP                cc:      (bcc: Lola Oluwa/Outokumpuext)
                      Workflow                    Subject: Re: SELFITEM binding question
                      <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITV
                      MA.MIT.EDU>

                      18.02.2003 15:31
                      Please respond to
                      "SAP Workflow
                      Users' Group"

Thanks

I wasnt using that because the type is SOXNA-FULLNAME, but it takes my
container element ok. My next problem is that my element is a multiline
element. I understood that if I was to write it as &ZDLIST//& then it would
treat this as multiline and send to each user, but it fails the binding
check with this (this is at the activity level)

Table action "Append" not possible when reading an element

JOhn

                      Roberto Mast
                      <Roberto.Mast            To:
SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                      @nuon.com>               cc:
                      Sent by: SAP             Subject: Re: SELFITEM
binding question
                      Workflow
                      <Owner-SAP-WUG

                      18/02/2003 12:47
                      Please respond
                      to "SAP Workflow
                      Users' Group"

Try to bind your container to the adressstrings.