SAP Inbox notification

NICHOLAS HALLAM HALLAMN at whl.co.uk
Wed Feb 19 09:38:20 EST 2003

Hi..

Not strictly WF I'm afraid.

Is there a way that a user can be notified of received SAP mails, that isn't just a straight forwarding of the same message using t-code SO36 'Administration of automatic forwarding' or by creating an auto-forward in the SBWP Office settings?

We have occasions where business critical messages are sent between users in R/3 using SAPmail to recipients who are not frequent users.  Therefore, a requirement exists for a message to be sent from R/3 to our companies e-mail solution (standard internet mail protocol and address) prompting the user to log into R/3 and action his or her inbox.  It is important that the original message is not simply just forwarded.

Any ideas?

..Nick
SAP Support
Westland Helicopters