New methods

Becker Stephan (extern) Stephan.Becker.ext at mchw.siemens.de
Mon Feb 17 04:47:01 EST 2003

Redefining means substituting a standard method/attribute with custom code.. ie through delegation you can modify standard behaviour, without actually modifying code.. very neat.. BUT only do that if you know all the implications.. you need to know where the method/attribute is used and see if it still works there..

In most cases, adding methods/attributes in subtypes will do, redefining is really only the last resort if you need to change, rather than add, something..

Hth,
Stephan