Deleting workitems in a productive system

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Thu Feb 13 10:46:14 EST 2003

Hi Heinz.=20
Thanks for your input. The 'Archive to file and delete' solution seems
to me the 'cleanest', but how did you differentiate between task A to be
included in one archive and task B in another? This is my main problem
with this solution at the moment (and I suspect I'll hit your other
little problem too.).=20

In short, your answer is quite similar to what I had in mind, some are
deleted and others just archived into a black hole.=20

Another reason for using the delete jobs is that client has many
thousand error items that are quite old, I'd like to be rid of them
too.

Vielen Dank,=20
Gruss
Michael

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 04:08:52PM +0100, Schmidinger, Heinz (Unaxis IT B=
Z) wrote:
> Hello Michael,
>=20
> maybe I can give you some of my expirence in this point:
>=20
> I have done both ways: If a user was very late with WI's (IDOC-ERRORS) =
> used the Deletion Job to reduce the ballast sppecially if they were not=
 in
> Status Completed or DELETE which is a must for die Archiving Job.
>=20
> For all my WF's I do a definition of late rArchviing in the project fro=
> begin.
> WF's which must we have historical I archive with connection to Archive=
 Link