AW: Deleting workitems in a productive system

Schmidinger, Heinz (Unaxis IT BZ) heinz.schmidinger at unaxis.com
Thu Feb 13 10:08:52 EST 2003

Hello Michael,

maybe I can give you some of my expirence in this point:

I have done both ways: If a user was very late with WI's (IDOC-ERRORS) =
used the Deletion Job to reduce the ballast sppecially if they were not =
in
Status Completed or DELETE which is a must for die Archiving Job.

For all my WF's I do a definition of late rArchviing in the project =
from
begin.
WF's which must we have historical I archive with connection to Archive =
Link
and ArchiveInfoSystem (existing in 46B too, also the documentation says =
no).

Workflows we don't need anymore I archvie too, but without connection =
ArchvieLink. Ss they were removed correctly from the Database and the
ArchvieFile is written to the Operating System, wher they are deleted =
by the
BasisGroup.

The Disadvantage of my Solution is, that I have to change the =
AL-Customizing
always between AL-Connection or not.

I'm thinking about to do this by a litte programm running before and =
after
the archiving-runs.

Regards

Heinz