authorization objects

Michael Marten michael.marten at philips.com
Thu Feb 13 07:15:46 EST 2003

SAP V4.6B

Here are some questions about workflow and an authorization concept.

Q1: transaction PFCG , activity groups
    There is a "workflow" tab where we could enter tasks .
    Does that mean that the authorization is assigned if someone executes
the correspondig task (even
    if the user account itself was not assigned)?

Q2: activity group SAP_BC_SRV_USER or SAP_BC_SRV_OFC_USER_AG
     This activity groups seem to contain all workflow authorizations for
an end user.
      Looking deeper into this group there are not too much different
authorization objects for a workflow
      (well, it contains the transaction SBWP to start the workplace).
      Does that mean that there are not many authorization settings for
the workflow inbox?

All books that I read contained only facile info about authorization.
Is there somewhere else more?

Thanx.

Michael Marten / Hamburg / Germany