Pick list status

Hoodak, Anthony J. AHoodak at Gleason.com
Wed Feb 12 08:43:36 EST 2003

Greetings folks -

I have this situation where I am raising an event when an outbound delivery
document has been created. One of the first steps that needs to get done is
send the originator of the outbound delivery document an (SAP) email asking
them
to be sure to create a picking list (so the warehouse can pick the parts and
process the customer's order). However, if the originator is responsible and
has already created the pick list, I do not want to send them this email
(seems simple enough don't ya think?). Anyhow, when I look into this a bit
deeper, I see that the pick list status for the item is VBUP-KOSTA (I guess
that you can have multiple items to pick, and each one can have its own
status). My question is - how can I check the status of the pick list items
to see if the I need to inform the originator? Should I create a method that
performs these steps (checking the pick list status for each item on the
pick list) - and to which object should the method be associated with (the
outbound delivery or some other object)?

Hopefully my questions make sense enough so they can be answered.

Thanks in advance!

Tony