Standard task groups' status did not change to release after transport

Amy C Yu sapcaamy at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 23 17:17:12 EST 2003

I am using standard task groups: 20000010, 20000011, 70000015, 70000016 for
IDOC error handling. I changed the status of these task groups to  released
in development client (DR3 120) and transported to QA (QR3 140).

However, after successful transport, the status of these task groups in QA
(QR3 100 and 140) remained unchanged.

I noticed that in transaction SALE->Sending and Receiving Systems-> Logical
Systems -> Assign Client to Logical System, the settings are:

For DR3 Client 100:
7       Changes and transport for client-specific objects has 'Automatic recording
of changes'
7       Client-independent object changes has 'No changes to repository objects'

For DR3 Client 120:
7       Changes and transport for client-specific objects has 'No changes allowed'
7       Client-independent object changes has 'No changes to cross-client
customizing objects'

For QR3 Client 100:
7       Changes and transport for client-specific objects has 'No changes allowed'
7       Client-independent object changes has 'No changes to Repository and
cross-client customizing objects'

For QR3 Client 140:
7       Changes and transport for client-specific objects has 'Changes without
automatic recording'
7       Client-independent object changes has 'No changes to Repository and
cross-client customizing objects'

In additional, in previous transports for the task groups, I got the
following return code 8 errors:
   Start activation of object TG 70000015 (client: 100) 094648
   Transport plan version of object     (client:  ) is empty
   Errors occurred during post-handling RH_ACTIVATE_PDOBJECT_AFTER_IMP for
PDST T
   The errors affect the following components:
    BC-BMT-OM (Organizational Management)

Any clue of why?
Is changes to task group considered as a client-independent change?

When I tried to modify the object in DR3 100, the system gave me an error of
'Changes to Repository objects are not permitted in this client'.

That's why I made the change in DR3 120, in which I got the message 'Make
repairs in foreign namespaces only if they are urgent'.  In DR3 120 the
system prompted me for transport request number.  Yet the transport did not
make the object change in QR3 140.

Amy