Running all workflows on a dedicated application server

Soady, Phil phil.soady at sap.com
Wed Dec 17 07:44:15 EST 2003

Hi Stephan,
is it the workflows, or the approach to running IDOCs that is the issue ?
Ie RBDDAPP01 can be run in such a way that the IDOCs are processed on
a specific server serially.

The IDOC processing triggers workflow for technical errors
based on brief code analysis.
See function IDOC_ERROR_WORKFLOW_START
it calls
CALL FUNCTION 'IDOC_ERROR_WORKFLOW_START_R'
        in background task

Note no Destination group 'XYZ'.
Ie no chance to place it on a server group.
And no Destination statement at all.. Ie as the current user on current server.

Looks to me after a quick check that it is the where the IDOC
is processed that is decisive in this matter.

Phil Soady
Senior Consultant - Business Technologies
Professional Services
SAP Australia
Level 1, 168 Walker Street, North Sydney 2060, Australia.
M   +61 412 213 079
E   phil.soady at sap.com