Running all workflows on a dedicated application server

Becker, Stephan stephan_becker.ext at siemens.com
Tue Dec 16 06:27:48 EST 2003

Hi everyone,

We are trying to spec out a production system with several thousand users
and a substantial amount of EDI/Workflow traffic.

I would like to divert all workflow traffic to a dedicated application
server (eg to prevent peak load when an EDI batch hits the system and starts
loads of workflows that would block all available dialog and background
tasks for a while) and am wondering about the best way to do this and any
experiences out there:

-          I have tried to assign a reference RFC destination to the
WORKFLOW_LOCAL_nnn logical destination, with the reference destination (type
R/3 connection) pointing to the background server logon group. However, I am
still getting the RFC call to the app server I create the event from..
-          The other way seems to be to assign an RFC destination in the
event linkage (SWE2). Apart from the fact that this would have to be done
per event linkage, what's the difference?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Regards,
Stephan