Single workitem for multiple IDOC errors?

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Tue Dec 9 12:38:09 EST 2003

Hi,
I have a potential scenario where we want to prevent repetitive IDOC error work
items. Client wants to know when an IDOC fails, but doesn't need 2000 workitems
to tell them that a batch of 2000 IDOCs failed for the same reason.

Is there a 'neat' way anyone has implemeted to handle this sort of requirement?
It does of course raise the question of reliability/traceability of WF for IDOC
error handling, but that's a seperate discussion for the time being. So far
looking at things such as a check function which looks for similar instances
within n seconds, a workflow which interrogates inboxes, using a task to log
stuff into a table and generate WI's from there, ...  but thought I'd just see
if anyone has any previous experience.

Any input appreciated,
Cheers
Mike