Substitution: user-exit ?

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Thu Dec 4 06:43:14 EST 2003

Hi Ernest,
...and would these be same authorizations for leave approval and IDOC
failure workflows?
My point is that this is probably not the right place to do this -
personal substitute is non-workflow specific, and whilst it may work now
you may implement other workflows in future with users who have nothing t=
do with approvals, so you'll need to cater for that and it will eventuall=
get messy.

Another thought: if an organization trusts a person to approve purchase
orders, why not trust them to delegate it appropriately whilst on holiday=
.
Effectively the original approvers remain accountable for any mishaps by
the fact that they set up the substitute.
If you still require it, the authority check is best done within the
workflow rather than the substitution.

Cheers
Mike