Workflow and Training & Events

Cristiana D'Agosto cristiana.dagosto at au1.ibm.com
Tue Aug 19 19:24:59 EDT 2003

G'day all,

we are in 4.6c and I have a few questions on Training & Events and
Workflow:

1) When an employee applies for a training course via ESS (using
transaction code PV7I) what does happen with the request until it is
approved? Is a record created in R/3 or only after approval?

2) I don't think there is a 'Lock Indicator' field in the record, there
is? I am trying to figure out what the 'approval' will mean in that case,
for example, when dealing with Leave , approving leave means unlocking the
relevant record so it can be processing; how that works for Training and
Event records?

3) How to trigger the event in Training & Events? I tried creating an
entry in t779x and still no event raised (see below), What else I am missing???
1001
A025
INS
PDRELA_025
CREATED

Any other tips for using Training & Events with Workflow are appreciated!!

Thanks and regards

Cristiana