Responsibility maintenance in Prod?

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Mon Aug 18 22:33:25 EDT 2003

There's also transaction OOCU_RESP.
Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart=20
Consultant (SRM, EBP, Workflow)
and co-author of the book
"Practical Workflow for SAP"=20
SAP Australia
email: jocelyn.dart at sap.com=20
phone: +61 412 390 267
fax:   +61 2 9935 4880

-----Original Message-----
From: Vineet Mehta [mailto:Vineet.Mehta at mbusi.daimlerchrysler.com]=20
Sent: Tuesday,19 August 2003 10:49 AM
To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: Responsibility maintenance in Prod?

Hi!=20
If I understand this correctly, you want a display mode for PFAC.=20

You can restrict the authorization to PFAC_DIS.=20
You should take PFAC_CHG, PFAC_CHG, PFAC_DEL, PFAC taken away from=20
authorization.=20

I hope this helps.=20
Cheers,=20
Vineet=20

        workflow at quirky.me.uk=20
        Sent by: Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU=20
=09
        18/08/2003 09:37 AM=20
        Please respond to SAP-WUG=20
                =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0=20
                =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 To: =A0 =A0 =A0 =
=A0SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU=20
                =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 cc: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0=20
                =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Subject: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Responsibility =
maintenance in Prod?

Greetings workflowers,
Question concerning responsibilities: Should they be maintained in a =
production=20
environment?
In the past, I've come across two scenarios, based on the type of key =
used to=20
determine responsibilities:
1. fairly constant data which can be maintained in DEV and transported =
(e.g.=20
plant, country)
2. master data which doesn't necessarily exist in dev (e.g. customer). =
PFAC was=20
opened in producton and the WF admin would maintain the =
responsibilities.
=20
Now I have a high-maintenance situation on a 4.6c system where things =
change=20
frequently and people outside of IT are to maintain the =
responsibilities and=20
agent assignments. I notice PFAC has an all-or-nothing attitude, thus =
if we=20
give someone access, they can maintain all workflow roles and even =
change the=20
role/rule type. Is there any way to restrict this nicely - Ideally a =
display=20
mode for PFAC with edit facilities for the individual responsibilities =
would be=20
nice....
=20
Any thoughts and opiniions appreciated,