Responsibility maintenance in Prod?

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Mon Aug 18 10:37:30 EDT 2003

Greetings workflowers,
Question concerning responsibilities: Should they be maintained in a production environment?
In the past, I've come across two scenarios, based on the type of key used to determine responsibilities:
1. fairly constant data which can be maintained in DEV and transported (e.g. plant, country)
2. master data which doesn't necessarily exist in dev (e.g. customer). PFAC was opened in producton and the WF admin would maintain the responsibilities.

Now I have a high-maintenance situation on a 4.6c system where things change frequently and people outside of IT are to maintain the responsibilities and agent assignments. I notice PFAC has an all-or-nothing attitude, thus if we give someone access, they can maintain all workflow roles and even change the role/rule type. Is there any way to restrict this nicely - Ideally a display mode for PFAC with edit facilities for the individual responsibilities would be nice....

Any thoughts and opiniions appreciated,
Cheers
Mike