AW: Authorizations to Transactions only through workflow ?

Susan R. Keohan skeohan at mit.edu
Thu Aug 7 08:47:04 EDT 2003

Hello Matthias,

Thank you very much for the help.  What we did was to remove authorizatio=
ns to transaction MIR4 from=20
the common profile, and created a role with the MIR4 authorization object=
s.  This can be found, as=20
you may know, using transaction SU24.  With this methodology, which I am =
not claiming that SAP=20
endorses, we are able to block the user from accessing MIR4 through the O=
K code box, but allow them=20
to display the invoice through a custom method (which displays a custom s=
creen, and has 'Display=20
Invoice' as an option).

I believe you are also correct that this solution will not work for all t=
ransactions.  We have a=20
similar situation with ME23N, and the newer transactions are much more po=
werful, and therefore much=20
more dangerous.  This 'simple' solution will not work in this case, but w=
e have handled it in a=20
different way.

Again, thank you for your help,
Sue

Flaig Matthias wrote:
> Hi Susan,
>=20
> it may be that the solution is quite easy:
> Lets have a look at BUS2081 (Incomming Invoice), especially method disp=
lay (which calls MIR4):
>=20
> begin_method display changing container.
> SET PARAMETER ID 'RBN' FIELD object-key-invoicedocnumber.
> SET PARAMETER ID 'GJR' FIELD object-key-fiscalyear.
> CALL TRANSACTION 'MIR4' AND SKIP FIRST SCREEN.
> end_method.
>=20
> The point is, that the ABAP statement call transaction(*) does not perf=
orm an authority check on object S_TCODE, you always have to program an a=
uthority check manually when using call transaction(**).=20
>=20
> So it may work just to give the user all authorizations needed for MIR4=
 except the one for S_TCODE. Then try to execute IncommingInvoice.display=
 from within a workflow and it should work, but the user will not bee abl=
e to enter MIR4 manually.
>=20
> regards,
> Matthias
>=20
> (*)  the behavior was changed between different R/3 releases...
> (**) some transaction do a check on s_tcode themselves wihtinn theri co=
de, but i couldn't find it in MIR4
>=20
> Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen
>=20