[Fwd: Re: Authorizations to Transactions only through workflow ?]

Susan R. Keohan skeohan at mit.edu
Mon Aug 4 13:11:13 EDT 2003

Forwarded on behalf of Alon Raskin...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Authorizations to Transactions only through workflow ?
Date: Tue,  5 Aug 2003 01:02:29 +1000
From: Alon Raskin <araskin at 3i-consulting.com>
To: "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
CC: skeohan at mit.edu

I did some more fishing around and you can configure table t169 to ensure that
only certain transactions can display certain invoices. Take a look at the
table, its fairly self explanatory. All you need to do is ensure that BWSP is
the only Tx Code that is allowed to display the invoice.

Regards,

Alon

Quoting "Susan R. Keohan" <skeohan at mit.edu>:

 > Hi all,
 >
 > Now please don't laugh.
 >
 > I have a requirement to deliver MIR4 (Display Invoice) through workflow (no
 > problem) but to prevent
 > access to the same transaction through the GUI.  MIR4 is very nice in that it
 > doesn't give the users
 > the ability to switch to another invoice or anything harmful.  The business
 > process people are
 > worried that some intrepid user will access MIR4 through the transaction box
 > and go hunting for
 > invoices that they should not see.
 >
 > So, is there a way to prevent the users from entering MIR4 through any means
 > except through their
 > workflow tasks ?   I'm thinking that the only way to simulate this is to code
 > a method that displays
 > everything MIR4 does(lots of coding!), and take away the MIR4 transactional
 > authorizations, but am
 > hoping there are brighter minds out there than mine.
 >
 > Thanks!
 > Sue
 > --
 > Susan R. Keohan