Kicking off 'stuck' work items

Craig, William william.craig at gwl.com
Fri Apr 25 16:24:44 EDT 2003

Sheldon,
Perhaps as a last resort, you might try to use the object 'workitem' to
force the status of the workflow into error, then using SWPR restart the
workflow and see if it forces the next work item to start.  To do this go to
SWO1 and test the object workitem.  Instantiate the object with the workflow
id number, then execute the status_change method.  Enter the status that you
want to change the work item id to (error) and execute.  Then through SWPR
restart the workflow.

As a side note, we have noticed that if the agent for the previous dialog
step does not have authorization to view the object in question, the
workflow will give you an object not found error when you look at the
technical log of the workflow.
For example we had a user decision step followed by a condition step that
looked at an attribute of the object. When you looked at the activeX version
of the log it looked like it was just stuck in between steps, but in the
technical log it showed an object not found error.  It seems that instead of
the workflow using wf-batch's authority it uses the agent that executed the
previous dialog step.  If anyone else has run into this situation and what
you have done to get around this, please let me know.

Thanks,
Bill Craig