Fax monitor

Lynn Dorling-Williams lynn.dorling-williams at uk.ibm.com
Thu Apr 17 03:50:50 EDT 2003

I have a requirement to start a workflow when a fax go into error status.
I'm not sure if there is a standard workflow approach for this.  I can't
see a suitable template (but that may just be inexperience).

My thoughts so far are:
Starting an event from message control i.e. every time a fax is started
start workflow and wait for error status, end if process ok.  Seems too
heavy processing wise.
Create some bespoke abap code that checks the spool queue frequently for
errors and if one occurs triggers an event which triggers the workflow.
I think this would work but wonder if there is a standard approach that
I've missed.

I have also been looking at the Basis monitoring tool CCMS which looks like
it has an alert monitor which may help.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks in advance
Lynn