Workflow for PR release - survey

Kim Currie KCurrie at qrs.com
Tue Apr 15 19:26:59 EDT 2003

We implemented the WF for PR using BUS2009 at item level.
Our company has about 600 employees with 54 release strategies.  3 years ago
we had 1200+ employees with 19 release strategies.

Management believes the workflow for PR approval could be maintained through
the Organizational structure, flip a switch and wha-la - new PR approver.

Could someone(s) share their experience with the standard workflow template?

Has anyone come up with another workflow process for PR approval at line
item level?
Why can't you use the organizational structure to have PR line items route
to the appropriate position?  Is SAP thinking of changing the WF for PR's?
How would authorizations be maintained?
How many companies and how large or small use BUS2009?  Could I get the name
of your company, the number of release codes, employees, etc.?
What's the a comfortable ratio between approvers and users?
Do you have a written policy and good communication when an approver leaves
a company to get WF reassigned?  (thought I'd throw that in there).
Who maintains the release procedure configuration? The workflow admin.?

Any other arguments to support BUS2009 or ...