Don't forget WIS

Zmudzin,Tomasz,VEVEY,GL-IS/IT Tomasz.Zmudzin at nestle.com
Thu Apr 10 05:22:31 EDT 2003

Michael,

I believe people usually forget about WIS once they hear about it in the
early workflow implementation stages. Only after some time inevitably the
question comes up: "How good/bad are we?". That's when WIS comes handy as
the first rough-cut reporting tool. And that's where I think it usually
stops -- exception reporting etc. are usually not used AFAIK. Which is
probably because you need to be really commited to active process monitoring
/ improvement in all areas in your company. I believe the approach has been
widely accepted in QM circles (production-related), but is still far from
deployment in administrative areas -- the core of most WF implementations.

Habits win,
Tomasz