Variable deadlines...

Richard Marut rvmarut at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 2 13:41:50 EST 2003

Michael,

I'm ready to do the same thing where I have deadlines of 3, 5 and 8 days
for the same task. My solution and design is:

1. Create a table that defines the deadlines. This is to allow additions
if needed in the future.
2. Set the deadline at the task to 1 day.
3. Create a new method that reads the deadline table and determines if
the actual deadline is reached.
4. Put the new deadline determination method/task after the task with
the deadline.

I'm going to manage this by using a container element that I increment
each time the deadline is reached. If I find a match between the
deadline element and one of the deadline table entries, then I do my
escalation of notifying the appropriate person(s) otherwise I loop back
to the task with the deadline.

Richard...