Workflow Text Editor

Zmudzin,Tomasz,VEVEY,GL-DS/DM Tomasz.Zmudzin at nestle.com
Sat Sep 28 07:36:38 EDT 2002

No.

Again, to summarize the discussion:

- if we speak about the editor for task descriptions, you deal with the
standard SAPscript formatting / functionality. The only limitation is that
AFAIK it could be difficult (if possible at all) to specify your own ABAP
program to drive the output. I think limited conditionals are provided by
the standard (e.g. output variable if its value is not blank). As I
understand this is the editor that you've been inquiring about.

- if we speak about editing workflow process definitions (i.e. which tasks
are in the process, what are the bindings etc.) -- there's the graphical
Workflow Builder plus the obsoleted text editor that I've been referring to.
It also supports conditions, as any other control statements of a workflow
definition. Still -- if you wish, you can forget about it because its
obsolete and not in the context of your inquiry.

Coming back to your question -- if the standard SAPscript capabilities don't
suit you, there's a workaround. Have a container element / object attribute
contain the text you want to output, and simply include this item in the
(SAPscript) task description. That gives you full control of constructing
the text. It requires a bit of programming, but I see you're not afraid of
this.

Kind regards,
Tomasz