Passing values from the original object type to task containe r via event container

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu Sep 26 20:10:35 EDT 2002

Hi Swami,
Usually adding event parameters requires creating the event yourself in code as you
need to fill the event parameters with the relevant data. Events that are created
through standard configuration may have none or limited options for extra event parameters.
I seem to recall you can pass the status through with a status event but that's about it.
It will be in the SAP library help in the workflow reference section (look for stuff about
event creation).

However usually you don't need extra parameters because you derive them from the event
object, e.g. you use attributes of BUS2000108 to get the business partners, status history,
etc.  If you don't have enough information for your scenario it's usually better to do
a bit of workflow programming and add some new attributes to your object rather than
capture them as event parameters.

Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (SRM, EBP, Workflow)