First time use of workflow in the client

LANGE, BODO bodo.lange at sap.com
Wed Sep 18 16:42:53 EDT 2002

Hi Swami,
what release are you on? You probably have to configure your mail =
gateway.
As of 6.10 SAP provides a direct http gateway, this requires to
set some system parameters (the basis guys know about this).
If you have an older release you need to configure the SCOT =
transaction.
You will probably see you mail sitting in the queue. As soon as you =
have=20
activated the mail gateway, pointing to an smtp server you can trigger
the send job by hand and your mail should go. I am using BLAT as =
command
line mail tool. It is easy to configure and you can run it on Win32. If
you are on unix you can use sendmail that should do it. Don't forget =
the sender
has to be configured, this means your user has to have an infotype 105 =
maintained.
Otherwise you job returns an error.

There is a pretty good documentation on how to setup the internet mail =
gateway.

I probably forgot some stuff and I invite all of you to complete or
correct me.

Bodo
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."
Will Rogers