Substitution ?

Van der Burg, Jeroen JA SITI-ITPSEE jeroen.vanderburg at shell.com
Tue Sep 17 07:20:47 EDT 2002

There is a bit to say for both points of view, I would say. A view =
allows an administrator to quickly and efficiently manage substitutions, =
but you may not want to make this to easy (managers may become to =
tempted to have someone else take care of their work). Also I would not =
see HRUS_D2 as a SAP table but as a table which contains masterdata (but =
would agree with your point of view if the table contained any =
checktables or other restrictions).

What we have done on our current project is create a web form for users =
to maintain their own substitutions without having to go into their SAP =
inbox settings or use an administrator to set up their substitution. Two =
reasons: it is complicated for an average user to set up a substitute =
through the normal menu path and about 95% of our users will only use =
the workflow miniApp anyway.

A small piece of workflow takes care of the substitution creation =
(directly in HRUS_D2 after checking some basic stuff). Only one =
substitution is allowed per user (any new substitution removes the =
previous one); after succesful creation an email is send to both the =
substitute as well as the substituting user for confirmation.

Regards,

Jeroen