Org Chart creation problem

Abby Dywan abby.dywan at us.pwcglobal.com
Thu Sep 12 17:36:27 EDT 2002

Hi all -

I've hit across an interesting scenario while creating an org chart and was
hoping for some insight.

We are modifying the standard purchase requisition workflow slightly, but
remaining with the release strategy concept to determine users.

Strategy 1 chooses the approver based on the cost center

Strategy 2 chooses the approver based on the project (it is the project
manager).  For that we can just look inside the project definition.

Now, to me, it seems ridiculous - and impractical - to enter every cost
center into the org chart.  Would you recommend z-tables to determine who
the appropriate approver is?  It seems to me the most likely option.  And
if so, should the z-table hold the actual user, or his position?  Just
trying to determine....

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you so much!

Abby Dywan
computer.