removing the leading zeros from the material number in workit em t ext

Aydin, Kemal (Kemal)** CTR ** aydink at lucent.com
Wed Sep 11 10:24:15 EDT 2002

All, =20

Here is an IMG item where you can configure the material number display =
: ( Transaction OMSL )

Define Output Format of Material Numbers
In this IMG activity, you define the following:
*       Input and output length of material numbers
        A material number can have a maximum of 18 characters.
*       Template for displaying or printing material numbers
        You indicate with an underscore any position in the material number =
that you do not want to contain a template character.
*       Form in which material numbers are stored
*       Output with or without leading zeros
You can make these definitions for each client.
And, here is the function modules that you can control the output:
CONVERSION_EXIT_MATN1_RANGE_I                                           =
 =20
CONVERSION_EXIT_MATN1_RANGE_O                                           =
 =20
CONVERSION_EXIT_MATN1_INPUT    Material number conversion (INPUT)       =
 =20
CONVERSION_EXIT_MATN1_OUTPUT   Material number conversion (OUTPUT)      =
 =20

Thanks,
Kemal Aydin
SAP Basis Consultant
aydink at lucent.com
database with all the leading zeroes - look at table MARA with SE16. =
The conversion is linked to the domain. You can't avoid it I'm afraid - =
the system needs that for selection purposes. Being an ABAPer as well, =
with customized programs we have to remember to do the conversion, =
otherwise we can't find the material.=20
>=20
> If its for display purposes only, there is a SAP standard FM that =
removes the zeroes. If you are going to do updates or creates, you will =
have to use the SAP standard FM to put the zeroes back. If you don't =
your material data will be inconsistent.
virus-free">=20