SAP MAPI

Pokraka, Michael michael.pokraka at kcc.com
Mon Oct 21 11:19:17 EDT 2002

Sounds quite arbitrary, but possibly the most annoying factor I've had was
the not-quite-PC-literate users (read: prime candidates for SAP MAPI)
changing passwords every 30 days. This was sometimes challenging enough, but
remembering to change the MAPI password was a bit much :-)
I've even encountered people who - a year later - still hadn't quite grasped
why they stopped getting work items and what those annoying error popups
meant...

A nice alternative so far is RSWUWFML, even better when combined with mySAP
Workplace. It's an extra click for the SAPGUI users if they are not logged
in, but even more straightforward for those only doing a simple approval.
(And it does not require and logon resources from the server side).

Cheers
Michael