EBP Workflow questions

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu Oct 17 07:22:16 EDT 2002

Hi Dale,
The point with general tasks is to use them when the task really
is general.  For an ad hoc approval task you may not be able to
tell in advance who the user wants to perform the ad hoc approval
 - therefore general task may be the best option.  However if you
can narrow it down by all means assign possible agents (I find
assigning profile generator roles, i.e. activity groups is best -
particularly in EBP).

In such a situation there is no security risk because the main (i.e. non adhoc)
EBP approvals can't be removed - you can only add new approval
tasks not remove them, i.e. the workflow controls where the ad hoc approval
tasks can be added, and EBP controls what ad hoc functionality the user
can use.

Performance should not really be an issue in current releases of SAP - in any
case EBP ensures they have chosen an actual approver for the added
approval task, i.e. the work item is not going to go to the world but
only to the nominated approver.
Jocelyn.