HELP!! Agent determination - Possible VS. Actual agents

Nat 4 Govender ngovender4 at toyota.co.za
Wed Oct 16 09:20:06 EDT 2002

Hi Frank,

At the task level you either assign the task to a group, ie jobs, task,
roles, general task (available for all users), etc.  This is the list of
possible users that can execute this task.
At activity level you assign actual agents which is obtain from the list of
possible agents.

Practical example: "Authorization of Leave"
At Task level you assign it to job 'MANAGER" (Possible agents are all
managers).
At Activity level you assign it to the "SUPERIOR" of the person requesting
leave (Actual agent is the manager of the requesting leave).

Hope this helps.

|         |           Frank Miller       |
|         |           <Frank.Miller at capet|
|         |           own.gov.za>        |
|         |           Sent by: SAP       |
|         |           Workflow           |
|         |           <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITV|
|         |           MA.MIT.EDU>        |
|         |           10/16/2002 03:02 PM|
|         |           Please respond to  |
|         |           "SAP Workflow      |
|         |           Users' Group"      |
  |                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU                                                                       |
  |       cc:                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: HELP!! Agent determination - Possible VS. Actual agents                                  |

Thanks, Jose.

Yes, we have been testing the role we created using PFAC...we are
making progress: seems that we still had the FIPP object in the
container being passed to the Task TS, as well as the custom element
called 'documentnumber'.

It is now working. It seems that the unneccessary extra element in the
container being passed from the task to the role caused the problem. I
then removed the SAP-generated FIPP element from the role container. I
also set the workflows all to 'implemented' (previously they were still
'status not defined') and re-activated them and it is now working
correctly!

The top-level workflow we have set to 'Generl task'.

I am slightly confused about the fact that there are TWO places on a
workflow task e.g. TS00007914, where one can define default roles: 1.
Under 'Agents' within PFTC and also in the actual Task definition itself
on a tab strip called 'Default Roles'. Can anyone give me some practical
advice on which one to use for what purpose?

Thanks,
Frank.

Frank Eriksen-Miller
SAP Consultant
Mobile: 072 472 6915
Desk: (021) 400 - 4539

>>> jose.burgman at ast.co.za 10/16/02 12:05PM >>>
Hi from further north in Gauteng

I'm assuming you tested the functional module by testing the standard
role (transaction PFAC)....Also remember the default role only kicks in
if there is no agent specified in the workflow task.

Jose