how restarting a blocked workflow?

Angelo Besenzoni "Angelo> Besenzoni/SAP_CONSULTING%SAP_CONSULTING" at mailnotes.ibm.it
Fri Oct 11 07:05:27 EDT 2002

Hello workflow's users...

My problem is quite strange...

I have a workflow that manages an approval process with periodical prompts to
user if he/she doesn't complete his/her  work.

Unfortunately some users are very lazy and so workflows work  for many months
with many mails to advise to users for their jobs.... so, some workflows blocked
itself because they arrived to their max number of nodes (10000 default)... they
are in STARTED status, but they are stopped...

Ok, i increased that value to 50000... but  i can't restart blocked workflows...

I tried to change status from STARTED to ERROR (by function
sww_wi_status_change_new) and then i tried to restart workflows by SWI1... but
nothing happened...

We are on 4.5B release.

I hope someone can help me.

Kind regards.