Change password with SAP MAPI

Alon Raskin araskin at 3i-consulting.com
Tue Oct 8 06:08:51 EDT 2002

Hi Patrick,

Please forgive me for emailing you directly but I didnt think that it was
appropriate to send this out to the list.

I have developed my own alternative to SAP MAPI. It is called Desktop Workplace
(http://www.desktopworkplace.com). It provides all the functionality of SAP
MAPI and a whole lot more. The next release of DW (which is due in about 2 to 4
weeks) will allow MAPI users to change their password without logging into SAP.
Let me know if you are interested and I can provide you with a link where you
can download a demo.

Regards,

Alon Raskin

Quoting "de Valensart Schoenmaeckers, Patrick"
<Patrick.deValensartSchoenmaeckers at pmintl.com>:

> Hi experts!
>
> Here is a weird problem with SAP MAPI : we have a security policy in
> our
> production environment so that users are prompted to change their
> password
> every 45 days. However, quite some users log in only via SAP MAPI, and
> never
> enter the system via GUI. Now, the problem is that SAP MAPI does not
> prompt
> to change the password. We have opened a message on OSS for this, but
> (surprinsingly ;-) the answer from SAP is that such a functionality is
> not
> included in SAP MAPI, and that it is also not planned to be developped
> for
> future releases.
>
> So, two questions :
> 1. I am sure some of you have already met the same issue. Does any of
> you
> know an alternative solution to close that "gap" in change password
> policy?
> 2. May be the SAP guys who are reading this can push this trough, so
> that it
> reaches the right people?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance for your answers,

> Patrick de Valensart
> Information Services
> PHILIP MORRIS Italia S.p.A.

Alon Raskin