Change password with SAP MAPI

de Valensart Schoenmaeckers, Patrick Patrick.deValensartSchoenmaeckers at pmintl.com
Tue Oct 8 05:33:23 EDT 2002

Hi experts!

Here is a weird problem with SAP MAPI : we have a security policy in our
production environment so that users are prompted to change their password
every 45 days. However, quite some users log in only via SAP MAPI, and never
enter the system via GUI. Now, the problem is that SAP MAPI does not prompt
to change the password. We have opened a message on OSS for this, but
(surprinsingly ;-) the answer from SAP is that such a functionality is not
included in SAP MAPI, and that it is also not planned to be developped for
future releases.

So, two questions :
1. I am sure some of you have already met the same issue. Does any of you
know an alternative solution to close that "gap" in change password policy?
2. May be the SAP guys who are reading this can push this trough, so that it
reaches the right people?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers,