More on Substitutes, Profiles, and Task classes

Susan Keohan skeohan at mit.edu
Fri Oct 4 09:49:21 EDT 2002

Hello all,

Having successfully created a substitute profile, and assigned it to a
task classification, and assigned my tasks to a classification, I can
now see that when a user maintains a personal substitute, and choose to
fill in the field for 'Substitute Profile', if they choose the one I
defined, then all is well.  That is, I was able to classify my task so
that it was not included in this particular substitute profile, and
therefore, when the substitute profile is selected, the substitute user
will not get to execute my task.

However, how can we ensure that this substitute profile is always chosen
?  If the users do not choose to fill in the substitute profile
field(field is left blank), then the substitute has access to all of the
tasks.  There doesn't seem to be anything in OSS to enforce the
selection of a substitution profile, but I am sure someone out there has
the answer...

Thanks all,
Sue