Subtypes

Pokraka, Michael michael.pokraka at kcc.com
Fri Oct 4 08:44:33 EDT 2002

First, I'd just like to clarify something - you say you created the subtype
by copying BUS2032???? There is a difference to creating a copy and a
subtype - a subtype _inherits_ the supertype's functionality.

Onto your question, the idea behind delegation is kind of the opposite to
inheritance. Inheritance is where the functionality of a supertype is used
by a subtype, e.g. ZBUS2032.CREATE doesn't really exist, but merely points
to and executes BUS2032.CREATE.
Delegation is the opposite, it makes a subtype's method/attributes visible
and available as if they were available in the supertype. Thus we can use
BUS2032.ZCUSTOMMETHOD. This gets around the fact that we cannot edit SAP
objects directly. Note that an object can only be delegated to ONE subtype.

HTH
Mike