Fork behaviour question

Pokraka, Michael michael.pokraka at kcc.com
Wed Oct 2 09:11:48 EDT 2002

Hi Jocelyn,
Thanks you for your informative response (and Tomasz). I couldn't agree with
you more for most of it (and yes I know the causes of the errors). Though
I'm currently stuck with something akin to waiting for an oil tanker to do a
U-turn as the error resolution is not that simple.

The fork in question is a standard 'wait for event' which catches any
activity that happens outside the workflow. If anything doesn't go according
to plan, the users go in via different userid's / transactions or whatever
(scenarios are numerous, hence the oil tanker analogy).

I was curious if this is a 'standard practice' solution, whether a fork is
intended (from a theoretical point of view) to handle an error situation.
Though I'd by now be inclined to agree with you that it shouldn't proceed if
there is an error in the other branch.

Thanks
Michael