Workflow ? R/3 and CRM

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Mon Nov 25 04:48:49 EST 2002

Hi Felipe,

To achieve what you want:
Create a custom object in CRM based on your CRM object and delegate it as usual.
Add a new method that creates the sales order in R/3 in background using an RFC call to the relevant
BAPI in R/3 - there a sufficient BAPIs in this area and this is much safer not to mention more
performance efficient than using VA01 directly.

Don't forget to capture and return any error messages so the workflow knows if the sales
order was created or not.

Other options are:
* Use a custom method in CRM to trigger a workflow event in R/3
* If your R/3 system is 4.6C or above you could also use Wf-XML

Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (SRM, EBP, Workflow)
and co-author of the book