Rejecting purch requisitions

Thomas Maue TMaue at sial.com
Fri Nov 22 10:27:43 EST 2002

Simon

Ran into this same problem some time ago.  Here are some
points I remember.
The rejection functionality for requisitions is only
available when Workflow is enabled.  The means the reject
option within the menu is greyed out unless Workflow
configured.
The reject functionality is not available in the collective
release screen, only the Inbox and I think individual
release.  Don't have any requisitions/configuration here to
test with - check individual release transaction ME54.
Reject does not update the requisition document (release
indicator).  The standard template uses the event to send a
work-item.  Why do you want to reject if there is no
Workflow instance for the requisition?

Regards,
Thomas Maue
Workflow/EDI Consultant

|         |           Simon Freer        |
|         |           <Simon_Freer at eu.fmo|
|         |           .com>              |
|         |           Sent by: SAP       |
|         |           Workflow           |
|         |           <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITV|
|         |           MA.MIT.EDU>        |
|         |           11/20/02 10:03 AM  |
|         |           Please respond to  |
|         |           "SAP Workflow      |
|         |           Users' Group"      |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                              |
  |       To:       SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU                                                       |
  |       cc:                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Rejecting purch requisitions                                                 |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Help....

Ive set up the purch req release strategy and all works fine
...........ish
!!
Problem comes when a manager wants to reject a requisition.
He uses
collective release to release them but they can't reject
them from here, he
has to go back to his inbox. This is fine if there is a work
item but if
the requisition has been passed to and fro a number of times
the changes
are not always significant enough for it to be placed in the
inbox.

How then does one reject a requisition ?

Ta

Simon

The affairs, business and property of Federal-Mogul Bradford
Limited are
being managed by the Joint Administrators, Simon Freakley,
James Gleave and
Peter Holder. Federal-Mogul Bradford Limited is a debtor
under Chapter 11
of Title 11 of the United States Code.