SWWDHEX job

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Wed Nov 20 17:39:37 EST 2002

Hi Ram,
There are two ways of running this job - either scheduled as required or
at regular intervals. Both have advantages and disadvantages. I assume
from your scenario that you are using the first option (I think it's
also the first option in the menu as well - don't have system here right
now).
This means the job will run, determine when the next deadline is due,
and reschedule itself accordingly. A problem with this can be if the job
crashes, I've seen it happen where it doesn't get to schedule the next
occurrence.
Normally the source of the crash should be picked up - either by a short
dump, update failure or whateveressentially . Any background user's
mails should be forwarded to a human for these cases. The monitoring is
also a function that should involve basis as it affects not only this
job.

The other alternative is to use the regularly scheduled version which
will run e.g. every 5 min. The drawback is perhaps performance if you
only have a few deadlines per day.

HTH
Cheers
Mike