Creating Change Documents for newly created 'Z' Table

Greg Soltys gregsoltys at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 19 11:03:17 EST 2002

BlankHi all, hope someone can shed some light on my problem as I'm at the
end of my rope :-)

I am wanting to create a change document for particular 'z' field on a newly
created custom 'z' table (just created the table from scratch). I have
created the table, checked on the 'change document' flag at the Field/DE
level, created a new 'z' change document object, assigned the new table to
the new object, and generated the update includes/function module.

My question is; I was under the assumption that once this was configured via
SCD0, and because this was activated at the data dictionary level for my
particular field (again, a 'Z' field in a 'Z' table), that the system would
automatically produce a change document in CDHDR? (when I change a value for
that particular field, current updating it directly through a little test
ABAP).

Do I explicitly have to 'write' or 'create' and change document via MY code
(in addition to this configuration)? Guess I thought SAP did this
'automatically' at some lower level.

One thing I did do when I created the change document object was I had to
leave the 'namespace' field blank (which appears to be optional). Not sure
if this has any relevance (note that I assigned it to a transportable
development class, but when prior to that when you create the change
document object, it asks you for a namespace. No entries in that drop down
list were 'allowed' by the system to be used!). I mention this only because
it just seemed bit strange.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks to all in advance,

Cheers,